Sunday School of Sts. Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church
Welcomes You to the 2016-2017 school year!
Our goal is to make Sunday mornings a fun learning experience for the children. We hope to accomplish this through age-appropriate crafts, songs, discussion and group activities and attending the Divine Liturgy. Living our faith begins with the family. Please lead your children in prayer, make the sign of the cross together, pray the Lord’s Prayer, the Creed, etc. at home and as we reinforce this at Sunday School.
Children must be four years of age
Registration is taking place now! Download the Registration form HERE
SUNDAY SCHOOL SCHEDULE:
- Classes start Sunday October 2nd, 2016 through to the last Sunday of May 2017
- Classes are from 10:30 am until noon/end of Divine Liturgy. Please arrive by 10:15 am to ensure your child does not miss any part of the Divine Liturgy before the classes begin.
- Pick up time is immediately following the Divine Liturgy. Please be prompt as the teachers must wait in the classroom or the Church with the children until you arrive.
- Sunday School 2016-2017 calendar
DRESS CODE & CHURCH BEHAVIOR:
- All students are to dress in respectful attire and behave appropriately for Church. Click here for details.
- The teachers must be able to contact you in case of an emergency. This information is requested at the time of Registration
ATTENDANCE & CERTIFICATES:
- Graduation Certificate – awarded to child who has regular attendance of the scheduled classes indicating that curriculum requirements were completed
- When selecting students for roles in performances/functions, attendance will be taken into consideration as practices occur during Sunday School.
- We ask that students bring a small offering to class each week. This teaches stewardship and encourages the children to take pride in their Church Community through active participation and support.
- The importance of Holy Communion and how to prepare is something Father Konstantine would like to emphasize this year. Father Konstantine is asking that the parents discuss this with their child and prepare them to receive Holy Communion
- It is very important to notify the teachers if your child is not prepared to receive Holy Communion.
- Throughout the year we will be sending emails to families with important information and updates. Please ensure that firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe list and that any changes to your email addresses are communicated to the Sunday School Director.
- Curriculum of our Metropolis
- We are looking for parents who would like to join our Sunday school team in assisting us with various items including Feast Day Celebration set up/clean up, monitoring and assisting with planned Activities
- Please do not hesitate to speak with the Sunday School Director about questions that you may have and offer your assistance.
We wish you all a blessed
Sunday School Year!
Presbytera Stamatia Chatzis & Liana Varnava Wyman, Sunday School Co-Directors
Past Sunday School Events: